Monday, December 22, 2014

Avery's hospital stay

Avery was so tiny and precious and such a joy during the hospital stay. Her sweet little personality already was coming through and it was so great to have her with me close by in our room. It was so sad that Asher was away in the NICU still and we weren't able to hold him or have him in the room with us, and it made me sad that the twins couldn't be together. But we knew it was for the best and that Asher was getting the best care possible from the doctors to try to get him better. 

Avery was so tiny! I was amazed at how little she was. When she was born she was 5 pounds 9 ounces but by the time we left the hospital she had dropped a pound and she was down to 4 pounds 9 ounces. It was so crazy to me to see a baby so tiny, she was the tiniest baby I had ever seen! In this picture in her carseat you can see how small she looked.

Those first few days were hard with Asher not with us but I was so grateful Avery was with me. It brough me so much peace and happiness and I loved that special time with her to bond and hold and cuddle her. I knew right away she was going to be such a sweet little girl and such a blessing in my life. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment